The Duravant family of operating companies serve the food processing, packaging and material handling segments.
To ensure all participants benefit fully from our strapping seminar, we have established basic technical skills and knowledge requirements that technicians MUST meet in order to take part in the seminar.
Participants will learn, among other things:
- A deep dive into the strapping head sequence, internal components and optimal adjustments.
- How Wulftec utilizes the various components in its machines.
- Recommended maintenance for Wulftec strapping equipment.
- Diagnosing and fixing common problems.
- How Wulftec builds strapping systems and common options with theoretical and practical demonstrations.
- How Wulftec interlock communication signals work.
- How the Wulftec machine runs in sequence, how to service, trouble shoot and install strapping machines.
Mandatory technical skills and knowledge the attendees MUST have:
Basic mechanical knowledge including, but not limited to:
- Chains: installation and servicing (lubrication and adjustment)
- Gearboxes: installation and servicing
- Bearings: installation and servicing
Basic electrical knowledge including, but not limited to:
- Electrical component knowledge: relays, PLC, drives, photoeyes, switches
- Electrical measurements: voltage, current, resistance, continuity
- Electrical schematics
A diploma or certification in “Electromechanics” or similar course is recommended.
Mandatory equipment, software and/or cables the attendees MUST have:
Each participant is required to bring the following:
- Safety glasses
- Steel protected working shoes
Participants should have one or more years of experience working on strapping systems in order to fully benefit from this course.