The Duravant family of operating companies serve the food processing, packaging and material handling segments.
VarioMaster 9471 Strapping Systems
Automatic high performance strapping machine for full pallet loads. For integration in powered conveyor line. The strapping head is positioned horizontally above the load and, as part of the strapping cycle, will be lowered towards the load to be strapped. The bottom section of the strapping arch can be a standard undertrack style, or an electric motor driven pallet bayonet for “through-pallet” strapping, or a combination of both.
BrochuresAutomatic Strapping Machinery
- Wulftec was the first in North America to put AC variable frequency drives as standard equipment on all machines. Why? Lower maintenance and better reliability—Wulftec equipment will save time and money
- NEMA 4/12 control panel dust tight and waterproof
- The control panel is neatly organized eliminating time otherwise lost searching for wires
- The control panel is UL508A approved
- Superior Electrical/Electronic Design including Allen Bradley Micro800 Series and AC drives
- User friendly touch screen offers a simple yet effective way to adjust and maintain your equipment
- Easy to understand alarm signalization
- All motors, proximity sensors, photoeyes and other sensors have quick disconnect cables that simplify installation and maintenance
- Photoeyes are maintenance free and protected
- All Wulftec structures are made of heavy-duty steel for rugged performance, even in the harshest work environments. They’re built to last forever
- The bottom section of the strapping arch can be a standard undertrack style or an electric motor driven pallet bayonet for “through-pallet” strapping or a combination of both.
- Up to 8 straps per minute may be applied, depending on strapping arch and package dimensions, strap quality and strap tension required.
- Electronic tension control through a variable frequency drive. Assures consistent tension control regardless of the number of cycles and environmental conditions. The strap tension is adjustable from the touch screen.
- The VarioMaster 9471 offer turntables, rotating cross and centering devices as an option for all handling needs…accommodating pallet and palletless loads.
- Our heavy duty conveyors are second to none in the industry
- Coils of PET strapping with a core diameter of 16″ can be fitted to the high speed dispensers, with pulley block accumulation system and electrical brake.
- Non-Proprietary parts accessible on a local base
- The best warranties in the industry
- 1-year on the strapping head and track
- 3-year unlimited cycle warranty
- 3-years on the steel structure
- 100 loads per hour
- 59 " L x
- 139 " W x
- 169 " H
Maximum Load Size
- Portal size to allow max load size of 50" wide x 80" high
- Maximum load weight limited to conveyor capacity
Approximate Shipping Weight
- 5000 lbs
- 460 V /
- 3 ph /
- 60 Hz
- 15 A
- Allen Bradley CompactLogix L16ER PLC
- Allen Bradley PanelView Plus 7 6” color Touch Screen Interface
- 24V control system
- Current overload protection
- NEMA 4/12 control cabinet
- Autoheight sensing photoeye
- Power on/off lockable switch and indicator light
- 460VAC motor and contactor
- Two emergency stop stations (1 on panel / 1 on the platen)
- Manual function for strapping head and conveyors
- Variable compression setting from 150lbs to 2200lbs
- Intuitive alarms diagnostic on touch screen
- Machine and head cycle counter
- Reset function
- Strap track with under track configuration to allowing under pack strapping
- 2 fully adjustable strapping patterns
- 4 communications I/O signals with upstream & downstream system
- Allen Bradley PowerFlex 525 drive, 460VAC
- Allen Bradley series 100 contactor
- Alarm beacon
- 120 VAC outlet in control panel for service work
GT41 N strapping head
- By changing the optional entry and exit guide the head have the ability to strap with polyester (PET) from 3/8 to 5/8 wide and .020 minimum thick strapping.
- Consistently reproducible strap tensioning through an Allen Bradley PowerFlex 70 VFD and torque motor control
- Consistently high seal efficiency
- Environmentally favorable sealing by vibration welding
- Separate drive section for high speed strap feeding and take up and to achieve maximum tension levels
- Electronic strap circulation control
- 3 HP AC gear motor with Allen Bradley Powerflex 525 AC drive
- 4' long (along flow direction) platen with adjustable compression from 150lbs to 2200lbs. The floating platen supported by coil springs.
- High speed dispenser with pulley block accumulation system and electrical brake that can fits standard coils of PET strapping with a core diameter of 16" and a width of 6".
- Heavy duty folded sheet metal uprights with upper frame structurally integrated with base for greater stability
- The machine is provided with a manual including electro/mechanical schematics and drawings, maintenance program and PLC program disk